Alohha 2nd Song Alohha 2nd Song

This was pretty good.
When I was listening to it I was thinking that this could be playing in an animation before some kind of intense action because when the climax of the song came it it felt that something suspenseful should be happening like a fight or something of that nature.

Man you sure love your buildups. This time around I feel that for this song it works to your advantage because once the climax at 1:24 took over, I was like YEAH!!!!!! However I do wish that the climax stayed on longer because it had me moving. Then again that might be just me.

i also noticed that a few of the instruments seemed to be panned towards the dead center of the track. Try to experiment with your panning and spread out your song a bit when you can. You don't have to have the song favor the left or the right an extreme amount, just a little bit to vary your sound. It can also come in handy to make some parts stand out a little more as well and have their own space to be heard in. In fact, you seem to getting the hang of it well with some of your instruments this time around.(Even if this portion that I wrote isn't necessary, I'm writing it anyway just to be safe)

The piano could use a very slight bit of an echo just to touch it up a bit. Still sounded good though.

Between the panning and build ups you're definitely getting better and I'm glad that you are. Great work. This song makes me want operate a Gundam!

Alohha responds:

Thanks for the 2nd respons! All your feedback have been helping me get better so i appriciate that :)

*-I want you-* *-I want you-*

This song is pretty good.

I think that you could have played with strings a bit more. a few crescendos would have been nice especially for the more intense moments of the song. Building up the strings at 1:39 (or 2:39) just a little bit would help to bring a stronger emotion in this song. Also sometimes they cut in kind of weird (like at 3:11) so having them ease in might be better rather than just coming in like that.

Good use of panning with the piano. It spreads out the composition well.

Also I noticed that the song stays within the same octave range the whole time. With the piano in the song you could use a higher octave a certain moments to change things up a bit.

The ends a bit weird, but I think slowing down the tempo and putting the piano at a higher octave would definitely sound nice for an ending. Slowing down the tempo for just that last measure so that you can emphasize the roll on the piano better.

Small stuff in my opinion to fix. The tone of the song reminds me a bit of Golden Sun. Good job. Keep it up.

Cheerful Dawn Cheerful Dawn

Since you played primarily to the downbeat, it sounds like a Military March (not saying that's a bad thing). To be honest, it's a little dull to be listening to constantly. A few more 1/8 notes for the bass part could help to add a little more energy to the song. The song can also loop better because it cuts into the middle of the count before the measure finishes. Not a bad attempt. Keep it up.

Cosmic responds:

Thank you for a friendly review and the nice tips. I'm sure I'll learn better over time, obviously since this is my first. My next song won't be a loop so I'll learn a bit there since it won't be so short.

A Peaceful Time A Peaceful Time

I like the song toward the end rather than the beginning. I think when the flute comes in, the volume Piano could be lowered a bit, at least until the strings come in. I like the wind chimes that come in with the strings. The strings really help to carry the audience away with that beautiful tone.

Overall, I think the track is good, maybe could have used just a tad bit of compression (maybe a very slight treble reduction too). Loving the overall composition. Makes me think of waking up to a new day, or just a peaceful day in a village.

DivoFST responds:

Its a simple and quick composition, made it in a day, it has only around 2 to 4 hours of work in it so some details are not quite in the spot.
Yup the Pianos could be a bit lower to bring the melodies more to the front, i agree.
I pushed a bit in most instruments high frequencies so i understand why you got that feeling.
Thanks for the review and advises StaticBlu!

Not Forgotten Not Forgotten

I like it. Great use of atmosphere. When I was listening to it, I imagined a character recalling bitter memories or a dark past. Definitely would be great cutscene music. Great job!

geniebmusic responds:

Ah, thank you! I'm glad you liked the song :D I will work harder!

Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP) Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP)

Sounds great so far man. Can't wait until it's finished!

thunderstorms of the mind thunderstorms of the mind

I like this a lot. I like the changes you have in this song such as the buildups and drops. They keep it from getting stale as well as take the audience off guard for what to expect next. The only thing I would have added was a strong bass on the downbeat at the main parts, but that's just me.

This song reminds me of the tracks that you hear on Toonami promos. I can imagine Peter Cullen narrating over this easily. Great job! Show them beats who's boss!

johnfn responds:

Thank you for dropping by and listening :-)

Your point about bass on the downbeats is interesting. I actually had that earlier, back when the chorus was a lot darker, but I felt that removing the bass gave it a more energetic feel. I suppose it's something to think about. Thanks for the review!

Skating feat. Laqiz Skating feat. Laqiz

It's pretty good. I really started to get into it once the beat kicked in. It has a kind of island sound to it for me.
It started to become repetitive once you got the beat established. Some people can take repetitiveness while others can't. It's just one of those things that you have to be careful of. It can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
Other than that it was good. Keep up the good work.

Mawnz responds:

Yea, I was in fact kinda going for a more repetetive track that time around. My first intention was for it to be like a typical house song, however it went in another direction.
Thank you for listening, and leaving a review! :)

Alohha Alohha

Good effort in this song, but there a couple of things that could use improvement.
One is the buildup you have at the beginning of the track. It goes on for like a minute. You probably would have lost the interest your audience by then. You can cut that intro to 20-30 seconds and get to the point.
Another thing is that the whole track seems to stay in it's comfort zone and with all of that previous build up you have, we were expecting more of a kick to it. It just feels like you didn't take it to the max, the track just stayed where it felt like it belonged. Working with your octaves could help as well as a moving part to help move the track along.
Good effort. Congrats on producing your first track. Keep at it man!

Alohha responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Both of you guys! I'm still learning and i will continue too. :)

Cubix Skyland Cubix Skyland

Not a bad track at all. I like the digitized sounds you have in the background because it's not too heavy and it doesn't get in the way of the guitar and piano. It probably could have used a slow beat, but I think that it's good as is. It's a nice little atmospheric track for a hub world. Great job. Keep it up.

geniebmusic responds:

Thank you very much for listening and commenting! :D
I'm glad you find this appropriate for a hub world. That was one of my main concerns.
I'll work with a beat and see what happens. It does comfort me though that you like the song as it is.
Again, thank you. Will work harder!